- Don’t let your heat slip away! Make sure all your doors and windows are tightly shut. Check for leaks and replace old weather stripping or caulk.
- Use your window shades and drapes to maximize heating benefits. Keep shades closed at night to conserve heat. During the day, open shades to let sunlight in.
- Add humidity for winter warmth. It’s an often overlooked comfort factor: Humid air feels warmer than dry air. Increasing the humidity of your home also helps you resist winter colds and moisturizes dry skin. Ask Airmasters about a humidifier that works for your situation!
- Keep your furnace air filter clean. A dirty or clogged filter can make your furnace work harder, which costs you more.
- A high percentage of the heat escaping homes is lost through the attic. Make sure you close off any attic vents or fans during the winter and check on how well the attic is insulated. Airmasters’ technicians can help!