A good day is when your air conditioning system does what it’s supposed to do. And then there are those not-so-good days. Calling for service as soon as you see signs of a cooling system problem can prevent the headache and expense of a major repair job. Bonus Benefit: Acting promptly can also spare you the higher utility bills that go hand in hand with a poorly functioning air conditioning system.
You should have your A/C checked when you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Decreased air flow from the registers
- Unfamiliar noises coming from the air conditioner
- Moldy odors coming from the ductwork when the air conditioner is running
- The air conditioner cycles on and off more than it used to
- The breaker for the air conditioner in the electrical panel keeps tripping (or the fuse keeps blowing)
- Ice appears on your air conditioner or piping, either inside or outside the house
- Your outdoor fan in the air conditioner won’t come on
If you notice any of the above, call Sea Heating and Air to have your air conditioning system checked and serviced.